Friday, February 15, 2013

Oh, Sorry... but It's Not Happening. Or So You Think.

On October 16th, Dalton McGuinty resigned from his position as the Member of Provincial Parliament representing Ottawa South, the Leader of the Liberal Party and his job as the Premier of Ontario. When he did this, Mr. McGuinty also prorogued the 40th Legislative Assembly of Ontario- he postponed the Parliament's session. And because the Parliament wasn't going to be working, I wasn't going to either.


However, there was a silver lining to the heavy black cloud; if the Liberal Party elected a new Premier before I graduated eighth grade, my term would be rescheduled.

So, I waited. I went to school during the five week space that my term was supposed to occur on. Three months passed, and every once in a while, I'd check the large news companies from Toronto for any word about the Premier election. If anyone told me that they heard anything about the Liberal's party election, I would hold onto the rumor for dear life. I wanted, I needed the Parliament to resume; I had been accepted to the Legislative Page Program, this is what I wanted to do.

Friday, January 18th was an average P.A. Day for me; I slept in late, and then helped around the house until dinner time. I was cutting green beans for my mother when she turned to me and told me the words that made my day.
"Oh Daniella, I forgot to tell you; The Page Program called."

She explained to me that the Liberal Party will be electing their new leader in a week, and that my term of duty was rescheduled to February 19th.

I was ecstatic. Finally, after the roller coaster of ups and downs I was getting to serve as a Legislative Page.

Time to start studying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment