Sunday, March 24, 2013

Photo dump!

This is probably going to be my final post on this blog.
It has been two and a half weeks since my last day in the Chamber.

I miss the Page Program, so so so much.
I miss everyone I met there.
I miss working in the chamber.
I miss everything.


As all the Pages received a CD full of photos from our experience, I thought it would be fitting to post them here.
Enjoy!

Hon. Dave Levac, Speaker of the House


Our meeting with The Honourable David C. Onley, the Lieutenant Governor

 Before lunch with Deborah Deller, the Clerk of the Legislative Assembly

Outside of the Chamber with the Hon. Dennis Clark, Sergeant-at-Arms

Meeting with the Hon. Kathleen Wynne, the Premier of Ontario

Page Jeopardy with Hon. Trevor Day, Table Clerk and Senior Clerk of Committees 

Meeting with Ashley Csandy, Journalist for the QP Briefing

















Skating at Nathan Phillips Square

















The tour of the attic

9 comments:

  1. When did u find out you made it into the program!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! I'm assuming you applied and are finding that you're waiting a long time for a response? I applied in June for the fall session, and I got a response in late July.
      I hope that helps! If you (or somebody you know) is waiting for their response, I hope you find out soon. The program needs a response from all the applicants before they contact the people who were not accepted, so if that is the case it could be two months after the time you expected a response, which happened to me the first time I applied. As well, if a page decides last minute they cannot do the program after being selected, there are people 'second in line', which is why the program needs to fill all the spots before contacting anybody about not being accepted. I got my rejection letter a few days after the page session began. But don't fear if you've been waiting a while and haven't received any messages; you (or somebody you know) still has a chance of getting in.
      Good luck!
      -Daniella

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...I have a question-
    The question for unique characteristics-do I have to name characteristics that are special and explain why it would be useful in the program or what?
    I'm confused

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's exactly what it asks. For my unique characteristics, I said that I was really hardworking and devoted, and explained how it would help me in the Page Program. As well, I mentioned that I really liked writing and intended on writing this blog to encourage Ontario's 7/8s to apply, which I think might be working :)
      I hope that answers your question, feel free to ask any other questions you have!
      Good luck on your application!
      -Daniella

      Delete
  5. I applied on November 14th, it's January 6th now.. they said in the information email that all successful applicants would be notified by January 31st. Do you think that it's too late to be accepted? Does it normally take a long time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, just a quick question... On the website, it says they accept around 140 kids. However all the pictures I'm seeing have a small amount of kids? Do they really accept 140 pages?

      Delete
    2. Hi! I got accepted today for the legislative page program (applied at the same time as you). Although 140 pages are accepted into the program, only 20 pages cover a period of 2-4 weeks. Overall, the 140 pages cover around 6 months.

      Delete