Sunday, February 10, 2013

Introducing ME!


Let me introduce myself: My name is Daniella Mikanovsky, and I am a Legislative Page.

Some of you may be wondering; what in the world is Daniella talking about?

I live in Canada. In each of the provinces in Canada, there is a provincial parliament. The province that I live in is called Ontario, and the government here is the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.

In each of the parliaments of Canada, whether it is one of the provincial parliaments or the Federal Parliament in Ottawa, there are Legislative Pages; students who assist the MPPs/MPs, Speaker of the House, Clerks... basically anyone who is part of the Parliament. In Ontario, Legislative Pages are students in grades 7 and 8, but in other provinces it differs. The program calls for high-achieving, successful students, with good teamwork skills. When I first heard about the program, I knew it was for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment