Sunday, February 17, 2013

My MPP

Normally, a Legislative Page gets the chance to meet the Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) that represents the Riding that the Page is from, and even get to have lunch with them.
To help us prepare for an hour with our MPPs, as one of our assignments before we begin to serve at the Legislature, Pages need  to do some research and write four facts about their MPPs. As I was writing this, I realized; why don't I post them here, on my Page blog?

  1. My MPP is Peter Shurman, whom represents Thornhill. He is a member of the Progressive Conservative (PC) Party.
  2. Mr. Shurman has been representing Thornhill in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario for two terms, from October 2007-present.
  3. As a member of the Opposition Party, Peter Shurman acts as a critique, questioning the how the Government is dealing with certain issues. He is responsible for critiquing the Liberal Party's plans on terms of Financial, Francophone and Toronto Affairs.   
  4. Since most MPPs are in committees, so is my MPP. Currently, he is a Member on the committee on Finance and Economic Affairs. 
I am very excited to meet Mr. Shurman and socialize with him; I'll be sure to tell you about my experience when I meet my MPP. 


No comments:

Post a Comment